Saturday, December 30, 2006

Blue Pumpkin by brokenrunner

We were looking for this restaurant called Blue Pumpkin to have our lunch. I don't know who suggested that. But because I have absolutely no idea where to go, I just followed. We walked and walked and walked. I think we walked in a big circle.

Now, where is the Blue Pumpkin? Blue lagoon came to mind! hahahah! hee hee hee.... then Blue Lobster came to mind.... Blue Lobster? The gay bar in the Police Academy? Erm... I think it should be Blue Oyster?

Well, never mind, WHERE THE HELL IS THE BLUE PUMPKIN?

After a while, many heads were over Sotong's Lonely Planet guidebook. (see pic on right) I forgot to add that it was a hot day okay. We walked a few more steps and paused to look around.

And finally! There it was! Just across the road! THE BLUE PUMPKIN!!! We were expecting something blue in colour .... but this is how it looks like from the outside.

So we trotted happily into the restaurant. It was air-conditioned! It was a really nice and bright place. There were 9 of us and we had to take the biggest table there. There was this huge vase flowers which was in our way. We moved it to the side and a staff quickly came to remove it.

I think I know why it was a recommended place. I think locals will hardly patronise this place. Firstly, the price isn't what they can comfortably afford..... I think so. Secondly, who but tourists will spend hours there doing what we saw they were doing.

Some patrons were sitting on this row of very comfy couch....... and their food was served there!


Wow! On our first visit, there was no vacancies for any of us. Then on our subsequent visits, I think think we all each had a go! ahhahaha!






I have evidence okay! Just look at the pictures! Just see how lazy they were!


This Blue Pumpkin was really a very endearing place. We went there a few times. In fact, everyday we went there! No la.... we didn't go there everyday to sleep okay! You see, Blue Pumpkin is not only a restaurant but also a confectionery. After 7pm. the buns there will be sold at half price. Every morning, we had to get up damn bloody early so we bought the buns for breakfast.

Sotong and I ordered Fish Amoke Ravioli one night. The serving was fine for me but Sotong was almost crying when he realised the size of the serving. He said he ordered the wrong thing! Not wrong okay! He enjoyed it but just that it was too little.

Those who know Sotong will know that he eats like a hungry caterpillar! We later shared a plate of spaghetti which was such a let down!

Sigh.....Blue Pumpkin..... after a while, someone called it Red Pumpkin...... hahahah! or was it Whit Pumpkin? or Blue Ginger? Blue Cucumber?

No comments: